Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

2013 To Do List

I am not much for New Year's Resolutions. Not that I haven't ever made one before, but because I never, NEVER, see them through. It's the same for most people, I'm sure. Its like an empty promise to myself. Why go through all the agony and guilt? I'm just not doing it this year. Instead I'm gonna make a "To Do" list, because on all my to do lists, I usually accomplish a few things before changing and altering the list. This way, I figure I have a higher success rate.

Here it goes:

1. Memorize one new Bible verse a week.
2. Organize my Kitchen.
3. Start a stockpile of food/goods.
4. Declutter my house.
5. Paint and redecorate the dining room (a room I spend most of my time in)
6. Complete one writing project.
7. Organize photos and back them up.
8. Fire safety plan for my home.
9. Piano lessons with kids.
10. Join a book a the month club.
11. Try one new dinner recipe every week.
12. Sign up for a race to run. (4 miles or more)
13. Start reading program with the boys.
14. Take an art class.
15. Go paperless in my home office.
16. Redesign business websites.
17. Sew/craft one Biblical banner.
18. Take a Bible study class.
19. Make one family scrapbook.
20. Create crafting/project/sewing area.

Now, I know not all of these can be accomplished in one year. Since I still have to clothe, feed and attend to my children and husband, I'll be happy if I accomplish at least three in 2013. That would be a success in my book. Actually, I think that should be my motto for the new year: Small Success is the Best. I am not trying to lower my expectations, I am just trying to give myself a little grace in knowing that I am a busy mom and wife and anything I accomplish is a success, no matter how small. So goodbye 2012 and hello 2013 and hello to a more relaxed me, by God's grace!
"Strength and dignity are her clothing, And she smiles at the future." Proverbs 31:25

No comments:

Post a Comment