Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Can you sing or dance?

It is natural to feel depressed and lonely. Especially as a mother. When you get stuck in the mundane. When your kids have been sick for what seems like forever. When the housework is never finished. When the laundry is a never-ending pile. When your part-time or full-time job is overwhelming. When it's tax time. And really, just anytime. It's easy to get caught up in all the "stuff" that you forget the blessings. At least I have. I have to constantly remind myself how blessed I am. But then it occurs to me, that when you are in a constant state of praise for the Lord, you don't need that constant reminder. 

My mother use to tell me that when you feel like the enemy is attacking you, or your feel depressed, then start singing or dancing to the Lord. The enemy hates it and he'll leave. Then the countenance of the Lord will come upon you and all of a sudden you feel His joy and His presence. I know, because it works when I do it every single time. I just have to remember to do it. 
That's one of the reasons I have no clue what new artist in mainstream music is hot right now, or what the hit song is currently. I don't listen to the radio. I listen to praise and worship music on my Zune. Because when I can't get a song out of my head, I'd like for it to be one that is worshipful. It's also a great example for my children. I want them to learn how joyful it is to praise the Lord, no matter where you are or what you are doing. 
I will attempt to highlight my favorite songs each week. This week it is Paul Wilbur's "Why Should I Be Afraid" from his Desert Rain album. I'll post my favorite song onto my Facebook page each week. So if you want to see what they are and hear them, then please "Like" my page at https://www.facebook.com/MessianicJudaica

Enjoy the song and remember, even if you can't sing or dance, you can praise the Lord!



No comments:

Post a Comment