Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Watching Every Second!

We had our first ER visit. The boys and I were at the grocery store. I was getting cilantro into a bag, and then...crash. I turn to find both my children on the cement floor. Judah had the grocery cart on top of him. And he has kicking his legs and screaming. I lifted the cart and cradled him while several people came over to me talking and talking....
I was just in a haze. You know how in movies people are in shock and they show all the people's voices muted and their mouths are moving, but the person doesn't hear them? That was me. All I could hear was Judah screaming. I looked into his eyes and his eyes were so red! I wanted to throw up. I grabbed Guillito's hand, who wasn't hurt, just scared, and left immediately. I loaded the boys into the van and drove to the nearest ER. The whole time talking to him and trying to keep him from falling asleep and also feeling so guilty for not watching them. But really, I was just picking out cilantro. It was an accident. But I couldn't shake the guilt. I should be watching them every second so that these things don't happen!
It never ceases to amaze me how much I learn about the Lord while parenting my children. I realize that I cannot watch my children every second. It's humanly impossible. But God does watch me every second, and He watches my children every second of every day. It is by His grace and protection that Judah didn't end up with a scull fracture or worse. Judah had a very large hematoma on the back of his head. And it was very sore and very painful for a few days. Now, five days later, he has a normal-sized bump on his head and that's all. He never had vomiting, or dizziness, or any other symptoms. I am so grateful to the Lord!
How amazing to know that the Lord is watching us every second. It's easy to forget. And while things happen that may hurt us, or cause us to stumble, He is always there to help us up and cradle us in His arms, to comfort us, and care for us.
As a mother, it's comforting to know the Lord succeeds when I fail. As a child of the Lord, it's comforting to know the Lord watches over me every second and is there for me whenever I need Him. I cannot imagine not having the Lord as my protector and shield. Just as I'm sure, a child can't imagine not having a parent or guardian to nurture and care for them. We would be lost. And whether you are Jew or Gentile, if you are a child of the God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob, if you believe His Son, Yeshua, died for you, then you have that protection. Not just from the occasional bump on the head, but from the afflictions on your soul! Praise Adonai!
"I lift up my eyes to the hills-- where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip-- he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD watches over you-- the LORD is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD will keep you from all harm-- he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore." - Psalm 121


This is one of my favorite songs from Paul Wilbur. It came to mind as I was writing this and I believe it fits perfectly. I hope you like it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment