Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Lucky or Blessed?

Has anyone ever said to you, "Oh, you're so lucky!" Then I begin to think, "Is it luck or is it blessings?" Do we know the difference between being lucky and being blessed? Things don't just happen in your life haphazardly and for no reason.

I believe this to be true of everything. Here are some of my experiences: Going to the store and finding that last bag of coffee. Or commenting to a friend that I would sure like to have a reliable vintage portable sewing machine and then finding one on Craig's List for half the price as a new one that's not made as well. Surviving a car wreck without injuries. Having enough money to throw a birthday party for my son. Finding something I needed on sale. Going on vacation. Finding and earring that I thought was lost forever. And I could go on and on. But the point is, no matter how big or small, they are blessings from the Lord.

Don't get me wrong, I have my days when I think, "What is going on? I'm just going to go to sleep and start again tomorrow." But I know it is my attitude that needs to be changed. And when I can't change my attitude I have to pray that the Lord will help me to change it. Counting the blessings the Lord has given me and knowing I'm not just being lucky or having bad luck is comforting.

Everything is in the hands of the Creator and He knows what has happened, what is happening and what will happen. How comforting for His people! What a benefit of being a believer in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and believing in His son, Yeshua! You can rest assured that your life has been set according to the will of our Creator. Everything that happens is for His glory. This is sometimes hard for people to swallow, even believers. When something bad happens, it's hard to realize God's covering in your life. But He is there! If is wasn't for His presence, you would wallow in sorrow and the bad circumstances that are taking place, whether it is the loss of a loved one, cancer, poverty, mental or physical illness. Without the Lord, those circumstances would consume you, and you would be submerged into depression, or worse circumstances. I heard a teaching once where the Rabbi commented that most people's first response when they are in turmoil is to say, "Why is this happening to me? Why am I going through this?" Then he taught that our focus as believers should be that we are going THROUGH it. Not wallowing in the problem, but actually coming out on the other side of difficulty a stronger person. And by the glory of God, we live to tell about our situation and how the Lord delivered us from it. I carry that lesson with me everywhere. Praise the Lord for His presence in my life! I know that no matter what comes, with God at my side, I will not be afraid because I am blessed!


"Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6

How blessed are the people who know the joyful sound! O LORD, they walk in the light of Your countenance.  Psalm 89:15

O taste and see that the LORD is good; How blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him! Psalm 34:8

...How blessed are the people whose God is the LORD! Psalm 144:15

'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment